Experience the outdoors in a whole new way on a ‘Just for the Challenge Surviving Adventure’ training weekend.
Justin Miles will guide you through this fascinating weekend where you’ll learn how to plan and prepare for a trip in to the wilderness, plan for an emergency situation and some simple techniques that will help you to survive and thrive in the great outdoors.
A typical weekend course may include
- Planning and preparing for your trip
- Emergency Action Plans
- How to travel safely in the wilderness and how to navigate with and without a compass.
- Shelter building and campcraft – and sleep in the shelter that you build!
- Make your own rope and string using natural materials.
- Lighting a fire.
- Learn how to find and collect water, and make it safe to drink.
- Learn how to find and cook food in the wild.
- Essential equipment and how to use it.
- Learn how to stay safe, prioritise and manage risks in an emergency or survival situation.
The aim of the course is to give you a basic understanding of how to make the most out of your next adventure with a BIG emphasis on having fun!
The courses are conducted in a safe outdoor environment in Warwickshire. Food will be provided (if you earn it – no animals or vegetables an inowill be harmed during this course!) but please bring snacks with you (a full equipment list will be sent when you book). The course will start at run 08.30 on the Saturday and finish at around 16.00 on the Sunday.
People attending the course will leave at the end of the day having learned new skills and techniques and with a better understanding of how to prepare for an excursion in to the great outdoors – and above all, it’s brilliant fun!
The weekend is suitable for anyone over the age of 14, but children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Bookings now being accepted for the weekend of 8th and 9th September. Please contact us to book – places are limited! £145 per person
You can pay securely using the PayPal button below, or contact us.
Early booking discount. Book now and get the whole weekend for just £99.
- 'Channel to Channel' (18)
- In The Spotlight (18)
- Interesting Links (6)
- Justin's Blog (102)
- Kilimanjaro Climb (2)
- North 2012 (2)
- Schools Blog (4)
- Team Development and Leadership Training (5)
- Training (3)